What are some free things to do in Gulf Shores Alabama?
Free & Fabulous Itinerary
- Day 1: Escape To The Beaches. Take a sunrise stroll along the shore and build a sandcastle. ...
- Day 2: Hugh S. ...
- Day 3. The Foley Model Railroad Museum. ...
- Day 4. The Gulf Shores Museum. ...
- Day 5. Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge. ...
- Day 6. The Civil War Trail. ...
- Day 7. Alabama Coastal Birding Trail.
Is Gulf Shores worth visiting?
But perhaps this hidden gem of a destination is worth a second look. After all, this region of Alabama's Gulf Coast has so much to offer visitors, from an abundance of natural activities to fresh-from-the-sea dining options to unbelievable beaches. Gulf Shores is sure to delight as your next warm-weather haven.
Is Destin or Gulf Shores better?
Gulf Shores is very family oriented. Destin is a bit flashier, more upper class, a little more expensive, and as previously mentioned, more traffic and further from the river so clearer water often. Both have plenty of options for condos and houses right on the water.
What is the best time of year to visit Gulf Shores Alabama?
The best times to visit Gulf Shores are March through May and September through November. Travelers can take advantage of these sweet spots outside the busy (and more expensive) summertime and enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, which still offers pleasant temperatures in the late spring and early fall.
What is the prettiest beach in Alabama?
Best Alabama Beaches
- Gulf Shores.
- Orange Beach.
- Gulf State Park.
- Dauphin Island.
- Fort Morgan.
- West Beach.
- Robinson Island.
Are there alligators in Gulf Shores Alabama?
Not long ago it was a rarity to see American alligators lurking beneath the waters along the Gulf Coast, but now this once-endangered species has made a triumphant return with a booming population. There's a pretty good bet you will see one, or two, or more in the waters around Mobile.
Which is better Orange Beach or Gulf Shores?
The main difference between Orange Beach and Gulf Shores, AL that I found was that Orange Beach feels a little quieter and less hectic (or put another way, Gulf Shores feels like it has a little more going on).
Can you drink alcohol on Alabama beaches?
Prohibited Items Pets are welcome at Gulf Place, but they may not travel on the sand beaches. No glass or breakable containers. No alcoholic beverages.
Is there a curfew in Gulf Shores AL?
The City of Gulf Shores, in conjunction with the City of Orange Beach, will enforce a mandatory curfew beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday through 6 a.m. Sunday.
Can you buy alcohol on Sunday in Gulf Shores Alabama?
ALABAMA -- A referendum signed on Thursday by the U.S. Justice Department will allow the sale of beer and wine on Sundays throughout most of Alabama's Baldwin County, according to the Mobile (Ala.)
Can you swim in Gulf Shores Alabama in March?
Is it warm enough to swim in Gulf Shores in March? Average water temperature in Gulf Shores in March is 65.
Is Gulf Shores busy at spring break?
This pristine six mile stretch of beach runs from Gulf Shores Parkway to the end of Dolphin Drive, and typically gets less crowded the farther west you go (although spring break is a busier time for all beaches).
What clothes to take to Gulf Shores in March?
March in Gulf Shores is mild....What to wear/what to pack:
- Waterproof luggage.
- Rain coat.
- Light jacket or fleece.
- Waterproof footwear.
- Long sleeve shirts or blouses.
- Pants or jeans.
What is Gulf Shores known for?
Gulf Shores, Alabama is famous for its pristine white beaches, but hiking trails give landlubbers plenty of flora and fauna to find in the area. The Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail in Gulf State Park covers more than 28 miles that take you through nine different ecosystems.
What is the best area to stay in Gulf Shores?
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Gulf Shores, AL?
- Typically, we give one of two answers: West Beach or Little Lagoon.
- Each of these wonderful areas offers our guests a wide variety of vacation rentals to choose from.
Is the water clear in Gulf Shores?
Gulf Shores is located in southern Alabama. Much of Gulf Shores is inland near the gulf, but not beside it. The beach in Gulf Shores is whiter than those on the Atlantic Ocean, and the water has a slightly greenish hue. ...
Can you swim in Gulf Shores right now?
The City of Gulf Shores provides seasonal lifeguard services between March and September, and encourages the public to swim at the protected public swimming areas (Gulf Place, West 6th Street, and Lagoon Pass) when lifeguards are present.
Is Gulf Shores AL Safe?
In the graphs above, it shows that Gulf Shores is safer than 61% of Alabama cities, and 25% compared to all other cities across America.
Why is there a purple flag at Gulf Shores?
City of Gulf Shores - Municipal Government The presence of yellow flags indicates moderate surf and/or currents, while purple flags represent dangerous marine life is present (in this case stingrays).
What does red flag mean at the beach?
Red flag is high hazard meaning high surf and/or strong currents. ... Yellow flag is medium hazard meaning moderate surf and/or currents. Green flag is low hazard meaning calm conditions, exercise caution. Purple flag means dangerous marine life spotted.
What color flag means sharks?
How far can a rip current take you?
Rip currents are generally no wider than about 15 m (16.
Can I BBQ during a red flag warning?
A Red Flag Warning means fire conditions, mainly dry and windy weather, are currently present and a fire could easily ignite and spread quickly. ... No burning of any kind is recommended during a Red Flag Warning, even if you're using a grill, especially a charcoal grill.
What do you do during a red flag warning?
What is a Red Flag Warning? During a Red Flag Warning you should ALWAYS follow the instructions provided by your local fire department and be prepared to take action if a fire develops in your area. Avoid using lawn mowers on dry vegetation.
How serious is a red flag warning?
A Red Flag Warning is the highest alert. During these times extreme caution is urged by all residents, because a simple spark can cause a major wildfire. A Fire Weather Watch is one level below a warning, but fire danger is still high.
What do you do when you get a red flag warning?
Red Flag Warning
- -If you are allowed to burn in your area, all burn barrels must be covered with a weighted metal cover, with holes no larger than 3/4 of an inch.
- -Do not throw cigarettes or matches out of a moving vehicle. ...
- -Extinguish all outdoor fires properly. ...
- -Never leave a fire unattended.
- What is the most romantic date?
- What food is Orange Beach known for?
- Is Reno a good place to raise a family?
- What can families do in Pigeon Forge?
- What is the number one tourist attraction in North Carolina?
- How much does it cost to camp at GA State Park?
- Why is swimming in lakes dangerous?
- What should you not do at 3am?
- Where do celebrities hang out in Atlanta?
- What are the 7 natural wonders of Georgia?
You will be interested
- What is the best time of year to visit the Blue Ridge Mountains?
- Where can I hang out in Ikeja?
- What is there to do in Helen Ga today?
- Can a yurt be a permanent home?
- What is the highest paid job in Georgia?
- How safe is Lumpkin Ga?
- Is Amicalola Falls a hard hike?
- Was Lake Lanier built over a cemetery?
- Where can I take my girlfriend on a date in Lagos?
- Why is McKamey Manor so scary?